OSITION TITLE : Admin-Finance Officer
UNIT /DIVISION : Admin-Finance
POSITION GRADE : NOB
DUTY STATION : Conakry, Guinea
DURATION OF POSITION : 12 Months (renewable depending on performance and budget)
This job is in the Guinea country office, reporting to the Country Director. He/she is part of a country office finance team and will be expected to provide general financial support. He/she will cover all aspects of finance and administration. The incumbent at this level works with minimal supervision and provides advice and guidance to other team members to ensure that operational and project objectives are met. He/she is heavily involved in day-to-day activities and analytical work. He/she also provides advice on less complex matters, applying rules, procedures and expertise to make decisions and recommendations in a range of activities.
|JOB PURPOSE:||Support the management of WFP Guinea’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting and reporting on key data, while providing the necessary support that enables effective management of funds and ensures that assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective manner possible, in line with WFP strategy.
The incumbent will also ensure the provision of quality, client-oriented and cost-effective administrative services.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Administration & Finance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Track and analyse data to identify opportunities for improvements to policies, systems and procedures in order to minimize financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
- Deliver financial controls and insight into WFP performance, undertaking periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Develop annual plans and strategies for efficient administrative management to ensure that services provided support WFP’s strategic objectives and are consistent with the organization’s policies, standards and procedures.
- Conduct complex data analysis to provide management and clients with accurate information and reports for effective asset management planning and decision-making
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling
actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local
- Guide and supervise the other members of his unit, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis
- Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS (details to be determined by Post Managers):
This section is optional to describe other duties, skills & knowledge required for the specific job.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
Leads by Example with Integrity
|Upholds WFP values, principles, and standards
Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards
|Respects others and values diversity
Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourages others to do the same
|Stays focused and calm under pressure
Stays focused and calm when under pressure, encourages others to do the same, and offers guidance and
support to manage
|Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn
Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and pursuing opportunities to develop
|Drives Results and Delivers on
|Delivers results for maximum impact
Identifies and aligns objectives to the required outcomes, holding self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results for maximum impact
Delegates responsibly and provides appropriate support empowering others to deliver results
|Adapts readily to change
Responds readily to change in different contexts and adapts accordingly
|Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative||Is inclusive and collaborative
Promotes inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by encouraging colleagues to collaborate by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
|Gives timely and constructive feedback
Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback
|Builds and shares new perspectives
Seeks out, trusts and listens attentively to diverse views to capture, learn, build and share new perspectives
fulfils WFP’s vision
fulfils WFP’s vision and operational outcomes to deliver meaningful solutions
|Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things
curiosity, designs and implements new ways of doing things when relevant
|Analyses and evaluates data
Gathers data and
different perspectives, shares knowledge and uses evidence to inform decision making
|Considers the impact of decisions
Implements decisions, considering the risks and implications of actions for teams, projects and other
Initiates and builds partnerships by identifying and promoting opportunities for mutual areas of interest and benefit
|Collaborates to deliver common objectives
Collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives by sharing information and cocreating innovative solutions with beneficiaries when appropriate
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Internal Controls &
|Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.|
Reporting & Analysis
|Manages budget, business planning, and forecasting discussions on a programme wide level, integrating financial resource information from a portfolio of projects to analyze effectiveness and financial viability.|
(People, time, assets, etc.)
|Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders|
|Financial Management and Accounting Principles
|Monitors and advises senior leaders on the financial status of projects and programmes, tracking outcomes to ensure transparent and effective utilization of resources.|
|Supply Chain and Operations
|Demonstrates thorough understanding of WFP programme and financial policies, business processes and applies these in the implementation or support of WFP programme interventions.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Has a minimum of 9 year’s experience, including at least 3 years at a professional level in the fields of Finance and Administration
- Has experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
- Has experience implementing accounting and internal control processes.
- Has gained experience in administration.
- has experience in Team Management
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
|Education:||Master’s degree in finance, accounting, auditing, banking, business administration or related fields, or first university degree in the same field(s), with at least 3 years’ professional experience, and membership of an internationally recognized professional accountancy body, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.|
|Language:||Fluency (level C) in French and English.|