RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Coordinate and supervise ITC staff and all activities/tasks related to Information Technology and Communication Unit.
- Manage the mission administration of IOM’s and RSC’s corporate critical applications in field missions’such as MIMOSA, PRISM, WRAPS and Intranet.
- Establish regular liaison with partners, all Programme Managers, Heads of units and relevant departments to support the information technology/management needs.
- Participate in the design of, implement and maintain an integrated mechanism for data and information management , including various in house and third party applications across all mission activities to facilitate most effective and efficient processes to deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes. As applicable, do not duplicate and integrate with corporate and central systems and reporting mechanisms.
- Manage and maintain network WAN and LAN infrastructure, desktops and associated equipment. Perform essential maintenance such as: server controls, data integrity, tasks.
- Support local databases and applications, doing technical upgrades and maintenance plans.
- Install and update hardware and software.
- Systematically ensure in close coordination with Head of Resource Management Officer that the budget planning is incorporated in project and mission budgets including ITC staffing, infrastructure and maintenance needs.
- Regularly monitor, propose and implement all necessary modifications in compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM ITC policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
- Plan and coordinate the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including virus protection and Internet security.
- Provide Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans for mission databases and Email data.
- Provide IT related assistance and trainings to end users
- Maintain IT inventory and documentation, implement IOM standards, maintain update network diagrams.
- Support the Resource Management Officer to define and enforce ICT policies within IOM Guinea and enforce relationships with IT partners, supplies and providers
- Conduct/assist with MIDAS installation and user trainings
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution,
- Completed Bachelor & degree from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience,
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), web-based applications, .NET applications, Mobile Applications, SharePoint, SAP HR and Financials; as applicable for the position.
- Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, and/or ITIL Certifications an advantage.
- Experience working in different international organizations in emergency response (such as UNagencies, INGOs, IOs), Data Management or Information management, crisis, post conflict and other displacement situations; Detailed knowledge of the UN System, NGO humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
- Demonstrated experience in:
– Medium-sized offices support for LAN infrastructure, Active Directory domain environment
and Windows-based servers
– Windows Server and desk support
– Support and troubleshoot computer and network equipment, including Microsoft Office
applications, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows operating systems
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group policies
- Ability to work in a team environment; able to initiate and manage group studies to learn more about supporting the current infrastructure;
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage;
- Experience in web design and programming and knowledge of multi-variate mapping techniques;
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
- Knowledge of multi data capturing and analysis tools, including knowledge of database applications (Access, SQL or MySQL), mapping and GIS Tools and a basic understanding of mapping tools (ArcGIS);
- Basic understanding of web design considered an advantage.
Critères de la fonction
French and English
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges. Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Competencies should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies1 – behavioral indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Les dossiers de candidature devront comprendre
- Lettre de motivation indiquant le titre, numéros du poste
- Curriculum Vitae à jour
- Références des 03 derniers Superviseurs directes (Nom, courriel, nom du service et Contact téléphonique)
Toutes les candidatures seront envoyées en ligne au plus tard le 30 Novembre 2020 à
travers l’adresse suivante : [email protected] avec pour objet le titre du poste
National ITC Officer (NOA) Conakry
Toutes candidatures déposées sous pli fermé à la réception du bureau ne seront en aucun
cas être considérées.
Les dossiers incomplets ne seront pas examinés et seules les candidatures sélectionnées
seront contactés pour un entretien.
Note : Internals of the Organization as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier
candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier (external) candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.